Your home is on fire. Grab five items (assume all people and animals are safe). What did you grab?
Hmm, five things, well lets see what I don’t have to worry about. My passport, is in the bank safe deposit box. Computer files are all backed up to the cloud with the exception of media file on the home server. So what would i take.
1. The bible in Latin that has been handed down to the oldest child from my mothers side of the family since 1827. It has a large majority of my family tree written in it, and gives me a tie to the Ukraine.
2. My camera, even though I’m not the world’s greatest photographer, I still would want it, and it doesn’t weigh much.
3. The removable hard drives from my home server, as they have almost 2 terabytes of pictures, documents, and memories stored. I keep meaning to make dvd back ups nd store them off site, but still haven’t gotten around to it.
4. Laptop, because I use it daily, and even more than my cell phone, is something I need.
5. 1 bankers box, full of family photos, most of which have been copied to a digital format, however the pictures my grandparents passed down, have a sentimental value beyond the images themselves.
Yes I coud live without any of these, and the loss of any one or all would not be a life ending catastrophe. My clothes, can be replaced, and just think I could actually be totally up to date style wise, without having to wait for some of my items to come back into style. 😛