Yesterday I mentioned making one new permanent positive change every month, so to allow us time to make it permanent. Today is the start of one here. At the start of each blog will add something short, but thought provoking, or perhaps inspirational, so I hope you enjoy the new path.
Most of us want to be a better person, yet for many of us we seem to be stuck in a rut. You fear change, why because we are used to a routine. Your mind is what is holding you back from being the person you want to be. Not your job, after all who has the same job for life these days? Can’t blame your spouse, they married you, secretly hoping you would change in some ways, so if you start being a better person, I can guarantee they will support you. If you have kids, they will have lots of ideas how you can get up to date, just remember skateboarding in your 40s or 50s isn’t the same as doing it as a teenager, we don’t bounce as easily. Your friends will of course have plenty of ideas, just watch out they don’t involve your doing all their chores well they supervise, or would they stoop to that?
For the first month pick something simple, that will make a difference. Here are a few ideas:
1. Tell your spouse and children everyday you love them. Yes they know it but guys you wife likes hearing it, especially as you bring her her morning coffee or tea.
2. Instead of driving to work, try taking public transit one day per week. You might find that you are less stressed.
3. Pick a room and start going through it, how much junk do you have you don’t use? Seriously disco died years ago let it rest in peace, and get rid of the bell bottoms.
4. If you see a homeless person begging for change, don’t give them money. Instead give them a can or bottle or if a there is a restaurant, or street food vendor close, buy them something nutritious. This way you will be doing good, without allowing them to possibly use the money for an unwholesome purpose.Or donate some time every week to a charity or soup kitchen that helps the less fortunate. It makes you appreciate what you have a lot more.
5. Have dinner together as a family once per week. You can change the day each week to match schedules, but make it a point to eat together and chat as a family.
There are many other ideas, the point is you have some already, just choose one, and get it done.